Math Modeling - Simple training quizzes

In one of the postings, I did a brief explanation and shared a sample of how Math modeling is taught to young children in early stages of primary education.

Even at very young pre-school age, quizzes and games could be shared to the little ones, to help develop their minds to be able to visualize or understand the concepts of modeling in very simple ways.

One of the activity I used to play with my kids (I am so guilty of not repeating this little quizzes frequently), is the "I See" game.







Example 1:


Mummy: I see 2 heads and 6 legs behind a bush. How many farmer and cows are there?

The child will be trained to visualize a farmer with 1 head and two legs, and further visualize 1 cow with 4 legs, and eventually answers 1 farmer and 1 cow.


Example 2:


Mummy: I see 2 wings and 6 legs. How many chickens and pigs are behind the bush?

The child should be able to visualize 1 chicken with 2 wings and 2 legs, followed by a pig with 4 legs. Answer : 1 chicken and 1 pig.

The questions may get more complex as the child gets more familiarize with the visualizing and is more comfortable with additions of larger numbers as well.





Example 3:


Mummy: 1 see 3 tails and 4 legs dangling from the tree branches, how many monkeys are snakes are
there?

The child should be able to figure out, 3 tails could mean 3 snakes. But further figures that 4 legs, equates to 2 monkeys. Answer: 2 monkeys and 1 snake.


I hope these concepts are able to help parents explore more quality time and fun activities that is able to help the family build some memorable and educational fun time, even as they are on the go!

As this is a training game that I have created from scratch, I will improvise with some templates and tools to make this more interesting and visual to the kids. You are most welcome to leave a comment or suggestions to improve on the tool, or any questions which I will try my best to assist else explore together. After all, parenting is an ongoing learning journey, it will be more colorful to walk this path with more company.

Happy Bonding!

Comments

Popular Posts