Let's get healthy : Drinks to flush kidney stones

Some months ago, I was referred to a urologist as I was urinating blood which was visible even to naked eye. When I first consulted a general practitioner, she could not make any further diagnosis, as I was not experiencing any pain, quite unlike UTI.

Further checks from urologist found that I had a lobulated kidney and was born with a kidney that tends to retain more calcium deposits than normal. The doctor also shared that there are many fine sand particles and two very small stones on each of the kidney which does not require any attention yet as they are too small to even be blasted. However, I would need to exercise care to ensure sufficient intake of water to daily to flush out the sand regularly and also control the accumulation.

Since then, I had done some researches and came across some write ups which may help.

I recalled a friend, whom was diagnosed with kidney stones many years ago. He mentioned taking a freshly squeezed lemon mixed with a small glass of water every morning. This beverage was taken for a period of weeks/months ( I really couldn't recall). Eventually, on a fine day,  he experienced a little pain during urination, and he realized the stone was passed out in the process. Further diagnosis from his doctor confirmed the stone had been dissolved and  discharged from the kidney.

Similar articles could be found on the web mentioning lemon or apple cider vinegar do help to dissolve and eventually helps the body to discharge kidney stones naturally. There are even further suggestions of certain diuretic tea and cranberry juices that could also serve a similar function.

Currently, on a daily basis, I would consume 1-2 cups of honey water mixed with 1-1.5 spoonful of vinegar (Estimated 10-15ml) of vinegar daily. On some of the days the vinegar maybe also substituted by lemon instead.


I will continue to explore any other means to also improve health and contain my kidney condition. Wish me luck!


Meanwhile drink up and drink well !! Cheers!

Comments

Popular Posts